We have an urgent need for someone or a couple to fill Carol Kendall’s position of co-managing our Food Pantry with Marlene Mellis. Carol has been faithfully managing this position for years and has been ready to step down for well over a year. She and Marlene do an excellent job of stocking the shelves and managing Camp’s Saturday food disbursement. There is a lot involved with this job and training is needed. We have many new members who have joined our congregation the last couple of years and maybe there is someone who would step up to this challenge. If someone is interested, they need to contact Carol Kendall ([email protected]) for more information.
Submitted by Barbara Varnam, Chair Local Missions
SBIC needs a volunteer to fill their Treasurer position. Please contact Mary Pritchard ([email protected]) if you are interested in this important position.
The Lord’s Food Pantry needs donations of canned fruit, tuna, cereal, and rice. Please leave items in the grocery carts outside the fellowship hall during August 31 – September 4. Thank you for helping our Brunswick County neighbors in need.
Submitted by Carol Kendall, Food Pantry Co-Chair
The soup kitchen will be serving a spaghetti dinner on Friday September 4, 2020. We need help with the following items:
Salad – we need 4 people to provide 25 servings
Bread – we need 4 people to provide 25 servings
Dessert – we need 4 people to provide 25 servings
Please text or call Chicky Wallace (410-688-2358) or Brenda Register (910 443-9669) if you would like to help with this mission!
Submitted by: Mary Ann Wallace, Soup Kitchen Committee
Mark your calendars for October 29th! 1:30pm-6pm
- Soup Kitchen: Camp United Methodist Church – Shallotte ( 4:30-6:30pm drive thru) to resume in September 2020
- Brunswick Family Assistance: Leland and Shallotte (Call for Appt 910-754-4766)
- Brunswick County COVID 19 Nutrition Resources: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/emergency/covid-19-community-assistance/
- The Lord’s Food Pantry: Camp United Methodist Church, 4807 Main St. Shallotte. Saturdays, 10am-Noon, open to all Brunswick County residents.
- Brunswick County Public Health Call Line: available Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 910-253-2339
- Brunswick County Public Health Information via Email: [email protected]