WORSHIP AT CAMP UMC
We look forward to gathering for corporate worship starting on September 20 with the 11:00 a.m. service, then on September 27 with the 8:30 a.m. service. Worship Services will be rotated for the near term. We will continue to offer a pre-recorded digital worship experience. A team of media servants are learning to edit video right now to support what we hope will be more than a supplement for worship during a pandemic, but a viable new ministry for the church connecting with people outside the walls of the church.
PRE-REGISTRATION SUNDAY SERVICE SEPTEMBER 20
As we put the final touches on all the details for our “Soft Reopening” Sunday Service of September 20th we will begin to pre-register those of you who would like to attend this first service. We are limiting attendees to 65. You may pre-register by calling Robin at our Church Office (910) 754-4840. At this time, we will only be accepting pre-registration for the September 20th service.
KEY POINTS MODIFIED RE OPENING PLAN
- Small group gatherings remain limited to 15 and under indoors and 25 and under outdoors.
- A “soft reopening” of Sunday worship will begin on September 20 with one service.
- Worship formats will alternate each week for the near term.
- A traditional 11:00 a.m. service will be held on September 20 with a contemporary 8:30 a.m. service held on September 27.
- Capacity is limited to 65 individuals (not family units) for each service.
- Reservations are required. Contact Robin in Church Office (910) 754-4840 to reserve your seat
- There will be no walk-ins.
- Attendees will be required to wear facial coverings (nose and mouth), practice safe distancing of at least 6 feet (except within family units) and minimize potential for personal contact (No Touch).
- There will be hand sanitizer available.
- Entry and exit for each Sunday service will be only through the sanctuary front doors. Doors will remain open.
- Ushers will seat congregants and assist in their egress following the service.
- There will be no hymnals, Bibles and bulletins located in the pews.
- Baskets will be placed outside of the sanctuary for tithing.
- There will be no children’s time, Sunday school or nursery
COVID 19 SAFETY TASKFORCE
The Taskforce has been working with the Trustees, administrative staff and Children & Youth Ministries to identify a centralized location(s) where cleaning materials/products, masks, gloves, etc. will be located for use by all the ministries to clean rooms/spaces after use. More to follow on this topic once everything is finalized.
Submitted by Larry May Chair COVID 19 Safety Task Force
Please see below the COVID 19 Safety Taskforce Reopening Plan and relevant guidelines and reference documents. Look for more information, announcements and videos from Pastor Steve and the Task Force in the coming days. We are currently in Phase Two, but are praying just as you are that we’ll be able to move to Phase Three as soon as it is safe to do so.
Camp UMC Covid Update A Conversation with Pastor Steve and Pastor Alex
Click on links below to download printable pdf file: