Join us every Wednesday (August – June) for Fellowship and Dinner beginning at 5:00 p.m. (Meal is $5 for adults, free for children, with a max of $20 per family) Then at 6:00 p.m. join us for Choir Practice, Alpha Study Group, Disciple 1 Bible Study or help with the Youth and Children Ministry.
We have the following opportunities for study, service and fellowship.
- If you enjoy knitting or crocheting, we have a Prayer Shawl Ministry at Camp! We would love to have you join us on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 a.m. -12:00 p. m. in the fellowship hall (Except the 2nd Tuesday of each month). Contact Virginia Winfree 754-4962.
- Basket Weavers – Men and women are invited to join in a time of fellowship, devotion and dinner while learning to weave! Basket Weavers meet every Tuesday 2-7 pm floating. More info: Margaret Hardin at [email protected]
- United Methodist Women (UMW)-Camp’s UMW chapter is part of the organization of laywomen within The United Methodist Church. UMW members are committed to growing as disciples of Jesus Christ in community with other women and advocating on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. United Methodist Women has been in mission for more than 140 years. Our chapter typically meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month; 10 AM in the church’s fellowship hall. More info: Martha Worsley at [email protected]
- United Methodist Men (UMM) UMM involves men in a growing relationship to Jesus Christ and his church and provides resources and support for programs of evangelism, stewardship and the needs of men. In addition to study, our men also have service projects in the community (such a minor home repair). Our UMM group usually meets the 4th Monday of the month (except for the summer); 6 PM in the fellowship hall for a meal and program. More info: Keith Compton at [email protected]
- Journey Groups (home based small groups)-Journey Groups are groups of typically 10 to 12 people that meet on a regular basis (at least twice a month) in the home of one of the group members. They are built around study, fellowship and service. Study may involve one of the books of the bible or a contemporary social issue. ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOURNEY GROUP TO JOIN? As they embark on their Christian journey-of-discovery, there is always room for more! Won’t you prayerfully consider joining in small group fellowship, caring and sharing. As Cherie says, “We do good things!” Please call: Cherie Compton 843-222-8460 (mobile). More info: Cherie Compton 910-755-2412.
- Small Group studies-These studies are typically 6 to 10 weeks in length, usually meeting one night a week at the church. They cover a wide range of subjects from Books of the Bible to contemporary social issues. Group size is ordinarily limited to about 10 people. Recent studies have been on forgiveness, what Jesus said about hell, grace and the 7 deadly sins. They offer the opportunity for fellowship, sharing and study. Watch the bulletin and newsletter for details on an upcoming opportunity . More info: Lynda Troutman at [email protected]